Platter of vegetables and prawns
Courtesy of Christine Girard
Dietitian, 25 years of experience in the kitchen for toddlers
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 white onions, thinly sliced
- 2 sweet peppers, color of your choice
- 1 bunch of asparagus
- 1 small container of cherry tomatoes
- 1 tray of white mushrooms
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp. (30 ml) Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp. (15ml) olive oil
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) lavender honey
- 1 tsp. turmeric
- 1 tsp. dried lavender flowers
- 1 lb (300 g) pitted shrimp*
*Note: you can substitute the shrimp with chicken or firm tofu.
- Preheat the oven to “Broil”.
- Put the grill at the center of the oven.
- Line with aluminum foil or parchment paper on a baking sheet.
- Cut the vegetables in half or lengthwise, then slice them.
- Cut the onions into strips as well as the peppers.
- Cut the mushrooms into slices and the asparagus in half.
- In a medium bowl, combine vinegar, mustard, oil and honey.
- Pour about half of the dressing over the vegetables and shrimps.
- Pepper generously and add a pinch of salt.
- Using your hands, toss to coat the vegetables.
- Cook under the grill for 18 to 20 minutes, or until the vegetables and shrimps are golden brown (chicken or tofu).
- Spread on a serving platter.
- Serve with rice or pasta as desired.
“Cooking has become simpler and closer to being for me, so nothing is complicated anymore!” Christine Girard